The Cabinet of Ministers has approved Ukraine's accession to the Biarritz Partnership international initiative on the promotion of equality between women and men. This was reported by the press service of Ukraine's Foreign Affairs.
"Following the example of the G7 countries and Australia, Chile, India, Senegal, Rwanda, which are already members of the Biarritz Partnership, Ukraine is strengthening the implementation of a policy of equal opportunities for women and men," the statement said.
Within the framework of the Biarritz Partnership, the Government of Ukraine has defined the following obligations: ending gender-based violence; ensuring fair and quality education and health; promoting women’s economic empowerment; ensuring full equality between men and women in public policies.
As we reported earlier, on September 30, 2019, Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky approved sustainable development goals for Ukraine until 2030.
Ukraine is expected to:
1. Overcome poverty.
2. Overcome famine.
3. Ensure healthy living standards.
4. Ensure comprehensive and equitable quality education.
5. Ensure gender equality.
6. Ensure stable management of water sources and sanitation.
7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern sources of energy.
8. Support economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work.
9. Create a sustainable infrastructure
10. Reduce inequality.
11. Ensure security, resilience and environmental sustainability of cities.
12. Take urgent measures directed in fighting with climate changes and its consequences.
13. Conduct conservation and management of oceans, seas and water resources.
14. Protect and restore ecosystems, support their rational use.
15. Build a peaceful and inclusive society, ensuring access to the judgment.
16. Revitalize work within a global partnership towards sustainable development.