Ukrainian lawmakers passed the law 5557. It aims to create the new system of national resistance to agressor country.
The bill offers to involve large groups of population into territorial defense in the occupied territories and/or resistance movement in the occupied or captured territories and preparation of Ukrainian citizens to fulfilling specific tasks in terms of defense and security.
The funding of national resistance will be provided by the state budget, local budgets and other sources that are not prohibited by the law.
- participation in reinforcement of security and defense of the state border;
participation in protection of population, territories, environment and property from emergencies and liquidation of consequences of military actions;
- participation in preparation of Ukrainian citizens for national resistance;
- participation in maintaining conditions for safe functioning of government bodies, local authorities and bodies of military authority;
- participation in defense of important communications and other critical infrastructure objects defined by the Cabinet of Ministers;
- maintaining conditions for strategic (operative) deployment or re-location of troops, and much more.