Former US President Donald Trump is suing Facebook, Twitter, and Google and their CEOs for blocking his accounts. Trump said this at a press conference in New Jersey, Euronews reported.
"I stand before you this morning to announce a very important... development for our freedom and freedom of speech," Trump said. "In conjunction with the America First Policy Institute, I'm filing, as the lead class-action representative, a major class-action lawsuit against the big tech giants, including Facebook, Google, and Twitter, as well as their CEOs."
"There is no better evidence that big tech is out of control than the fact that they banned the sitting president of the United States earlier this year," Trump added. "If they can do it to me they can do it to anyone."
As reported before, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook each barred Trump over his false claims that the presidential election was stolen, alleging that he contributed to the violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6. YouTube is owned by Google.
Earlier, Justice Department during Donald Trump's presidency secretly seized recordings of telephone conversations of four journalists from The New York Times, who published material about the investigation of former FBI Director James Comey. The information about this became known after the official notification of the Biden administration.