U.S. President Donald Trump reiterated his threat to target Iranian cultural sites in a conversation with reporters aboard Air Force One, CNN reports.
After being asked about the prospects for retaliation from Iran for the US strike that killed Iran's top military commander, Trump said: "If it happens it happens."
He also added that there would be major retaliation if Iran decided to do anything against the U.S in response.
As we reported earlier, Missile troops of Iran
are currently on the high alert
. The official representative of the U.S. government said so as quoted by Reuters.
According to the interlocutor, so far it is hard to say whether Tehran presumes to take offensive or defensive action. He added that Washington has been closely following the situation.
Recently, on December 5, Iran's parliament voted for the resolution that cancels the deal on the U.S.-international agreement.
Such a decision was made after a U.S. airstrike killed a top Iranian general (62-year-old Qasem Suleimani – ed.) in Baghdad.