Workers of the SBU, the Security Service of Ukraine found and seized the arms cache with weapons and military-grade explosives; the incident occurred during the anti-terrorist drills on the border with Belarus in Rivne region, northern Ukraine. Press office of the Ukrainian agency reported that on Tuesday evening.
"The arsenal was hidden in the forest near Butove settlement, which borders the Republic of Belarus", reads the message.
The Ukrainian law enforcers seized the following items:
- two self-propelled anti-tank grenade RPG-26;
- 8 hand greandes RGD-5 with fuses for them;
- 5 kilograms of explosives
- two AL-74 assault rifle clips;
- 170 rounds of 5.45 mm and 7.62 mm.
The seized ammunition and weapons were sent for further expertise. They also opened criminal case on the fact of illegal storage of firearms and explosives.