“The dream of harmonic world has now moved away – not because we failed to bring it to life, but because not everyone dreamed about it. We’re on the brink of the war, and it’s not just the war between the West and the rest of the world. It’s a war between those struggling for harmony and those who seeks domination; a conflict between those who plays by the rules and those who think they can defy the rules. Today, we can clearly see that Russia is a nuclear state that takes democracy as a threat, and freedom as poison. It’s not about the interpretations, more like about different goals. Let’s be honest, we’ve got no recipe for this problem. Cynicism and illusions are spreading”, Poroshenko said.
‘Russia sees democracy as a threat and freedom as poison’: Ukrainian President
President Poroshenko warns ‘we’re on the brink of war’ during his speech at the World Humanitarian Summit
Poroshenko proposes to amend Constitution regarding MPs’ immunity 17 October, 10:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:57Donbas conflict: Militants opened fire five times, one Ukrainian soldier wounded
- POLITICS21:02Policeman injured in skirmishes near Verkhovna Rada
- POLITICS20:09Puigdemont accused King of Spain of supporting "aggression"
- SOCIETY19:22US Air Force attacked ISIS training camp in Afghanistan, 40 militants killed
- SOCIETY18:36Poroshenko awarded 31 servicemen in Avdiivka
- RUSSIA17:48Russian ships again noticed in Latvian economic zone
- POLITICS17:01Skirmishes between anti-fascists and opponents of Trudeau in Canada
- POLITICS16:13Puigdemont described Madrid's actions as "attack" on Catalonia
- POLITICS15:26New clashes near Verkhovna Rada: Security forces blocked car of protesters
- POLITICS14:38Trump believes that Facebook supported Clinton
19:53, 20 October EU summit in Brussels: day two
19:44, 20 October Driver who ran over crowd in Kharkiv remains in custody