Russia has imposed personal sanctions against six US high-ranking officials. They are prohibited from entering the territory of the Russian Federation. This was reported by the press service of the Russian Foreign Ministry.
"In response to the sanctions imposed by the US Administration against Russian officials on March 2, the entry into the Russian Federation of current and former American high-ranking officials and figures involved in the implementation of the anti-Russian course is prohibited," the message says.
So, the sanctions list includes:
- Merrick Garland, US Attorney General;
- Michael Carvajal, Director of the US Federal Bureau of Prisons;
- Alejandro Mayorkas, US Secretary of Homeland Security;
- Susan Rice, Domestic Policy Adviser to the President of the United States, Former UN Ambassador and National Security Assistant;
- Christopher Ray, FBI Director;
- Avril Haines, Director of US National Intelligence;
- Robert Woolsey, former CIA director;
- John Bolton, former National Security Advisor.
Earlier, U.S. President Joe Biden signed a decree imposing new sanctions on Russia.