Verkhovna Rada, the Ukrainian Parliament has passed the draft bill No.1032. It foresees the reform of prosecutor office bodies in Ukraine.
The law envisages a lot of changes and improvements. The most notable ones are listed below:
- Military prosecutor's office will be dismissed;
- The overall number of employees in prosecutor office bodies in Ukraine will be cut from 15,000 to 10,000;
- The National Academy of Prosecutors of Ukraine will become a training center;
- Prosecutor General defines the order of assessment of prosecutors;
- Prosecutor General gains the right to approve the strategy of development of his office;
- The prosecut0or's office may be funded not only from the state budget but also from other sources, including international aid projects;
- The candidate for prosecutor's office is obliged to show fluency in Ukrainian and law. The candidate is also required to file the declaration of honesty and family ties.