North Korea carried out another missile launch, firing three medium-range ballistic missiles. This was reported in the Joint Chiefs of Staff of South Korea, informs BBC News.
The launch of several North Korean missiles was carried out from the eastern coast of the DPRK from the province of Gangwon. Missiles fell in the Sea of Japan.
Later, the Pacific Command of the US Armed Forces said that the missiles could not pose a threat to the US Air Force base on the island of Guam, a blow near which Pyongyang had previously threatened.
The statement notes that one missile, most likely, exploded immediately after the launch, and the other two were out of action already in flight.
Earlier we reported that Japan intends to impose additional sanctions against North Korea because of country’s missile launches and unresolved abduction issue, its top government spokesman said on Friday.
Also The CNN television channel has published a video of an operation conducted in 2011 by Ukrainian special services to detain two citizens of the DPRK who tried to steal information that they believe was relevant to the development of ballistic missiles.