“The latest launches happened at 02:59 (17:59 GMT Thursday) and 03:23 local time from the Yonghung area in South Hamgyong province into the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea, according to South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS),” the Joint Committee of heads of the HQ in South Korea informed.
According senior fellow at the Federation of American Scientists Ankit Panda, this area is a launching pad which was not used earlier.
“North Korea sees the drills as preparation for war and has called them a "violation of the spirit" of the joint statement signed by Mr Trump and Mr Kim at their first face-to-face talks in Singapore last year,” the message reads.
Britain, France and Germany called South Korea for “meaningful talks” with the U.S.
“After a closed-door meeting at the UN Security Council, the countries said international sanctions needed to be fully enforced until Pyongyang had dismantled its nuclear and ballistic missile programmes,” the news agency reports.
Trump said he was not worried about these tests as missiles were of short-range and “rather standard”.
Leader of North Korea Kim Jong Un claimed the launch of two missiles as a warning to military authorities of South Korea, concerning the plans about drills in the U.S.
As it was reported, Trump stated the U.S. and North Korea will continue talks on denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, which were deadlocked earlier.