This is the sixth missile launch since the end of July.
Next week, the U.S. State Department is about to send the U.S. Special Envoy for North Korea to Japan and the DPRK to coordinate efforts to ensure the denuclearization of the DPRK.
We recall that on August 2, North Korea tested multiple launch rocket systems for large-caliber guided missiles. DPRK State Council Chairman Kim Jong-un personally observed the trial. It was previously reported that on July 25, in the morning, North Korea launched two unidentified missiles from its east coast. It also tested the next two ballistic missiles on Tuesday July 30th. Two more DPRK launched on August 5.
Last week, U.S. President Donald Trump said North Korea’s missile tests did not violate the DPRK’s promise to abandon nuclear and long-range tests.
Trump and Kim have met three times since last year to discuss ways to resolve a crisis over North Korea’s nuclear and missile programs, but progress has been scant on Washington’s aim of getting the North Korea leader to give up his weapons.
Trump said Kim said he was “not happy” about the missile tests, which the North Korean leader has said were a response to U.S.-South Korean military drills being held this month. Trump said he himself had “never been a fan” of the war games.