During a new large-scale exchange, Ukraine wants to return up to 200 people. It is expected that such exchange will happen before the Normandy format meeting, said Ukrainian Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko. This is reported by Interfax.
"We are talking about a significant number of people. The president said today that we plan to exchange up to two hundred people, that is a lot. In fact, it's an almost all-for-all exchange," he said.
Ukrainian Foreign Minister added that his side plans to carry out the exchange before the Normandy format meeting.
We recall that at the previous Normandy format meeting in Paris, the leaders of the countries agreed that they would hold the next summit in 4 months (in April 2020). At the same time, the Paris Package included a number of obligations:
- exchange of all established for all established persons until December 31, 2019;
- troop withdrawals in three new areas until March 2020;
- prolongation of the law on the features of local self-government in Donbas uncontrolled territories;
- a complete ceasefire by the end of 2019 and ensuring control by the OSCE mission of the entire part of the territory that is not controlled by Ukraine within 24 hours;
- implementation of the "Steinmeier formula" in Ukrainian law.