Last week, Russia brought another convoy to the occupied areas of eastern Ukraine; while the contents of such convoys remain unrevealed, bringing them to Donbas is a hard evidence of Moscow’s involvement in Donbas. Harry Kamian, the U.S. Envoy in the OSCE said that as quoted by the authority's press service.
‘On October 26, a convoy of 17 trucks crossed the internationally recognized Russia-Ukraine border, without due control or any checks by the Ukrainian side. These convoys continue breaching Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. The Russian campaign, which aims to block OSCE SMM observers from monitoring the situation in the combat area, prevents the Mission from fulfilling its mandate,’ he said.
The U.S. diplomat stressed that the ceasefire mode is constantly violated, despite Minsk talks group agreed that the warring sides cease combat activity in early September.
As is known, Russia has been sending ‘humanitarian convoys’ to the occupied Donbas since summer 2014 – in breach of Ukrainian and international norms of law. Because convoys cross the border section controlled by Russia-backed militants, neither Ukraine’s border guards nor OSCE observers can check the contents.
Ukraine’s defense ministry marks that, as convoys reach the occupied areas of Donbas, the enemy troops intensify their attacks.