The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on Saturday, March 14, gathered for an extraordinary meeting because of the coronavirus. The Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmygal wrote about this in his Telegram channel.
“I am gathering an extraordinary meeting of the government at 12:00. We must consider the decision of the National Security and Defense Council, which was adopted yesterday. The meeting will be held in a closed format. Documents with limited access will be considered, so even if you want to be open, there are procedures that we must follow. I want to note right away that only those initiatives will be taken that were announced by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky in his speech yesterday," – Shmygal wrote.
The main issues that are planned to be considered at the meeting:
- the closure for two weeks of border crossing points for regular passenger services from March 17;
- the termination of entry into the territory of Ukraine of foreigners within two weeks from March 16;
- The closure for two weeks of checkpoints on the demarcation line with the temporarily occupied territories from March 16;
- financing by the Ministry of Finance of manufacturing at least 200 thousand tests for the diagnosis of coronavirus;
- provision of personal protective equipment for medical personnel, contact persons, law enforcement and rescue personnel involved in anti-epidemic measures;
- stimulation of domestic enterprises to produce the necessary funds to provide care to patients;
- allocation of funds from the Ministry of Health to purchase the necessary medical supplies for the population;
- ensuring priority payments for the purchase of goods, works and services related to counteracting the spread of Covid-19.
As we reported before, this weekend, a special board will fly for the Ukrainians who are stuck on the border between Italy and Slovenia. The President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky stated this