The comparative table of the amendments for the second reading of the bill #2278-10 on the land sale market published on the Verkhovna Rada website.
One of the amendments concerns the change of the bill’s name ‘On the amendment to some legislative acts of Ukraine on the terms of the agricultural land turnover’.
The bill allows the foreigners and legal persons, founders and ultimate beneficiaries who are the foreigners to buy the land plots only after the approval at the referendum. It is impossible to acquire the right of ownership in other cases.
The total area of the agricultural land, according to the document, in the ownership of a person cannot surpass 10,000 hectares (earlier 210,000 hectares). The same concerns the legal persons (excluding banks and credit facilities).
The ownership right for the land plots also might be provided to the credit facilities and banks in the order of appeal to recover them as the object of a pledge. Such land plots should be alienated by mentioned facilities during the bids for two years since the acquiring of the right of ownership.
According to the comparative table, the territorial communities, state, common Ukrainians and legal persons registered by the legislation of Ukraine (if their partakers are citizens of Ukraine, state, territorial communities) may own the agricultural land.
The ownership right in all cases (even after the approval at the referendum) is banned to:
- legal persons, partakers or beneficiaries who are foreigners; at the land of state or communal property as well as land plots allocated to the owners of shares and situated closer than 50 km from the state border of Ukraine (excluding the sea state border);
- legal persons, partakers or ultimate beneficiaries who are citizens of Russia;
- persons who belonged or still belong to terrorist organizations;
- legal persons, partakers or ultimate beneficiaries who are foreigners;
- legal persons, when it is impossible to establish the ultimate beneficiary;
- legal persons and beneficiaries registered in offshore zones;
- natural and legal persons under sanctions;
- legal persons registered in the states included in the list of states, which do not cooperate in the sphere of counteraction laundering of money obtained by criminal means.
The calculations tied with the payment of the price of the land plots are held only in the cashless form.
Besides, it is not allowed to acquire the right of ownership on commutative contracts in case of absence of documents, which confirm the sources of the origin of money or other assets.
On November 13, 2019, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine supported the committee bill on the opening of the agricultural land market № 2178-10 as a basis.
On December 28, 2019, the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Agrarian and Land Policy completed the consideration of all amendments to the draft law on the land market and recommended that MPs adopt it in the second reading.