Journalists of Dutch TV channel NOS released new tapes of phonee conversations of retired Russian military officers Sergei Dubinsky and Oleg Pulatov. They point at their involvement in the MH17 tragedy. The conversations were previously intercepted by Ukraine's special services and passed to the Dutch investigation team. And now, NOS journalists presented them in the Nieuwsuur program.
A man with Dubinsky's voice talks to another suspect in the case, Oleg Pulatov, Lt.Col. of the Russian airborne forces (retired).
Judging by the released data, about 24 hours prior to the MH17 downing, Pulatov told Dubinsky: "We don't need any tanks. Only long-range artillery and good AA defense". He explains that Ukraine's military used aviation. "A plane opened fire from a big altitude. So, actually, no system could reach it", Pulatov said.
Dubinsky's voice replies: "I'll try to send you the Buk-M, if they bring it tonight (...) We've got nothing else to do except for hoping for a Buk" (Buk-M is a Russia-made anti-aircraft missile launcher, - 112 International).
Pulatov is the only one of the four suspects who agreed to cooperate with investigation. He testified before the Dutch team and said, via his lawyers, that he did not talk about moving the Buk to anyone on July 16-17,2014. Neither did he order the movement of the system, transport it or escort it. However, he said he was sure that the Ukrainian military employed that gun.
However, the tapes confirm that such conversations rejected by Pulatov actually could take place seven hours before the catastrophe. The voices discussed bringing the Buk to Snizhne, occupied part of Donetsk region. This is where the missile was launched on that day.