Feedback

DPRK, South Korea demolish 20 border posts

Each side dismantles ten posts for now; the long-term goal is to take down all of them
10:13, 12 November 2018

Open source

North and South Korea began to dismantle twenty posts located on the strengthened border between the two countries. Previously, the soldiers and military vehicles withdrew from the area, DW reported referring to Yonhap.

'The two Korean states live up to the agreement made by their warlords in late October. It stipulates that ten border posts would be demolished on each side; one post on each side will remain', the message says. 

According to Yonhap, DPRK holds some 160 border posts along the rest of the 250-kilometers long border; the Republic of Korea holds 60 posts. The long-term goal is to take down all of them.

The sides also launched 'another round of working-level consultations Monday on disarming the truce village of Panmunjom inside the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), the Ministry of National Defense said', the Korean news agency reported.

'The trilateral session at the Freedom House located on the southern side of Panmunjom is meant to focus on the operation of surveillance equipment at the Joint Security Area (JSA) along the inter-Korean border. The three sides have turned Panmunjom into a firearm-free zone under the comprehensive military agreement between the two Koreas signed in September during their summit talks in Pyongyang', the article says.

The mentioned agreement between the military leaders of North and South Korea offers complete de-nuclearization. Kim Jong-un also agreed to shut down one of the major missile facilities in North Korea.

Related: Pope Francis plans to visit North Korea

Related: South Korean Envoy summoned to Russia over detained vessel

Related: DPRK and South Korea started demining common border

Topics:
Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

Comments
see more