If this item were not canceled, the Pentagon would have to provide Ukraine with financial assistance in the amount of $ 250 million for 45 days.
$300 million allocated for Ukraine in U.S. military budget for 2020
President of the United States signed the country’s military budget for 2020. In accordance with it, financial military assistance for Ukraine will amount to 300 million dollars, reports The Hill.
Ukraine should be provided with missiles for the coast guard system. In addition, sanctions will be imposed against the Russian Federation because of the Nord Stream 2 and Turkish Stream gas pipelines. The document also says about limiting direct cooperation with Russia in the military sphere.
In total, the US defense budget is $ 738 billion, of which $ 71.5 billion is allocated for the continuation of military operations in Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen and the fight against terrorism in other countries.
As previously reported, the House of Representatives of the US Congress supported the allocation of almost $700 million to Ukraine.
Related: Trump demands immediate Senate trial
Earlier administration of Donald Trump threatened Democrats with vetoing financial assistance in the defense sector of Ukraine. Trump's entourage sought from the Democrats the abolition of the item on the rapid financing of Ukraine. Democrats have complied the requirement, The Washington Post reports.
Related: Will impeachment drive Trump batty?
Israel investigates alleged smuggling of Covid-19 vaccine to Ukraine 15 January 2021, 19:00
Ukraine offers Trilateral Contact Group to work on joint action plan for Donbas 19 January 2021, 16:30
Ukraine wants to sign ‘gentleman's agreement’ with Hungary to resolve disputes 18 January 2021, 17:16
- POLITICS10:41Biden administration presents action plan for first 10 days of his presidency
- SPORT10:02Boxing: Usyk may face Joyce for WBO interim title
- SOCIETY09:23CovidUkraine: 5,583 new cases, 241 deaths observed over 24hrs
- POLITICS08:45U.S. to remain steadfast in its support for Ukraine, - Embassy
- POLITICS08:06Russia ready for dialogue with U.S. on medium-range, short-range missiles
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Day in Donbas: No ceasefire violations during 24 hours
- POLITICS22:10Biden urges to end "uncivil war" between Democrats and Republicans
- UKRAINE TOP 21:29Zelensky invites Joe Biden to Kyiv
- POLITICS20:58Joe Biden's inauguration ceremony: How it was
- SOCIETY20:50Italy to sue Pfizer for delay in Covid-19 vaccine supplies
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny
20 January 2021, 13:54 Preparing for Biden's inauguration: The White House moves Trump out
20 January 2021, 13:29 Court passes judgment to participants of clashes in Novi Sanzhary