On Wednesday, November 25, a regular meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) for the peaceful settlement of the conflict in Donbas was held by video conference. During the meeting , the Ukrainian side initiated an extraordinary meeting next week. This was reported on the Facebook page of the Ukrainian delegation of the TCG.
In particular, it is planned to consider six issues:
- release of detainees;
- unblocking of the work of the checkpoints by the Russian side;
- finalization of the agreement on 19 demining sites;
- finalization of the agreement on four new disengagement sites;
- ensuring free and unimpeded access of the OSCE SMM to the entire territory of Ukraine;
- ensuring access of international humanitarian organizations to detainees.
Earlier, Head of the Ukrainian delegation to the TCG Leonid Kravchuk stated that the Joint Action Plan, prepared by the Ukrainian side for the Trilateral Contact Group, contains a proposal on the full and complete cessation of the conflict in Donbas and the demilitarization of certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions in early 2021 in order to create all necessary conditions for holding local elections there on March 31, 2021.