Ukrainian Army in Donbas and the militants continue to get closer to one another, Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE SMM to Ukraine Alexander Hug said in a briefing in Donetsk today, according to the OSCE SMM Facebook.
“The fact is that the sides continue to dig trenches, fact is that the sides move closer to one another, fact is that the sides keep weapons that they should have long withdrawn in areas where they should not be. And fact is that both sides continue to lay mines despite the fact that they had promised in September 2014 not to do so,” Alexander Hug said.
Previously, the OSCE’s mission reported that Ukraine's armed forces have advanced in the western part of Luhansk region, pushing the enemy away from the area of Novooleksandrivka village. OSCE also reported frequent use of the Minsk-banned weaponry in Luhansk region since Wednesday; over 3,000 ceasefire violations were reported over one day, Feb. 14, which is the worst index of violence per one day in the entire combat area since March 2017.