The President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko signed the order № 82/2019, which implements the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine from March 19, 2019, on “implementation, cancellation and adding of amendments to the personal special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions). The sanctions are implemented against the heads of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and deputies of the State Duma of the Russian Federation as well. The press service of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine reports this.
According to the report, upon the initiative of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Security Service of Ukraine and the National Bank of Ukraine, the sanctions are implemented against 294 legal entities and 848 individuals, who:
- were involved in the construction of the bridge over the Kerch Strait;
- were involved in the armed attack and seizure of the Ukrainian military vessels and illegal detaining of the Ukrainian sailors;
- organize and encourage the conduction of the “fake elections” on the temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk and on the Crimean peninsula;
- demonstratively violated the Ukrainian legislature on entry-exit of the temporarily occupied territories of the Ukrainian Crimea;
- spread the printed productions with anti-Ukrainian content;
- illegally obtained and use the museum heritage, which belongs to Ukraine.
Besides, it should be noted that the sanctions are implemented against the heads of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and deputies of the State Duma of the Russian Federation.
“The National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine has implemented restrictive measures against separate individuals and legal entities, against whom the EU, Canada, and the USA have implemented sanctions as well”, - the report said.
Besides, upon the request of the National Bank of Ukraine, the sanctions were imposed on the four banks of the aggressor state.
“At the same time, taking into account the achievement of the goal of imposing sanctions, upon the recommendation of the Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, restrictive measures on 8 legal entities, most of which their ceased economic activity, were lifted”, - the report said.
According to article 1 and 5 of the law on sanctions of Ukraine, the sanctions are imposed on legal entities, residents of Ukraine, only if they are involved in the terrorist activity.
Hence, the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine instructed the Security Service of Ukraine to check involvement in the terrorist activities of the legal entities, a list of which is given in Appendix 1 of the resolution of the Verkhovna Rada from October 4, 2018.
“That is why, the question concerning the imposing of sanctions, initiated by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, will be reviewed after such checks will be conducted”, - the report added.
According to the published on the website the order of the President of Ukraine, it comes into force from the day of its publication.