The Ukrainian delegation at the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) expects that the OSCE will form its position and possibly, will provide its offers for the further consideration of the plan for the settlement of the Donbas Conflict until November 10 as the Ukrainian delegation reported.
It is noted that the plan earlier announced by Leonid Kravchuk was presented to the OSCE and the Russian delegation.
“The real implementation of the complex of these measures needs the approval of the president and the parliament of Ukraine. November 10 is the date of the next TCG. By this time, the OSCE will form its own position and, possibly, will provide its offer for the further consideration of Actions Plan,” the message said.
Earlier, Head of the Ukrainian delegation to the TCG Leonid Kravchuk stated that the Joint Action Plan, prepared by the Ukrainian side for the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG), contains a proposal on the full and complete cessation of the conflict in Donbas and the demilitarization of certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions in early 2021 in order to create all necessary conditions for holding local elections there on March 31, 2021.
The main paragraphs of the plan:
- withdrawal of the foreign troops, illegal armed formations and mercenaries from the territory of Ukraine at the beginning of 2021;
- the cancelation by the authorities of the Russian Federation of the number of decisions and documents that are the direct interference in the life of occupied Donbas, for example, the simplified order of the provision of the Russian citizenship to the citizens of these territories;
- restoration of control over the proper area of the Russian-Ukrainian state border with the help of the OSCE SMM;
- increase in the number of the OSCE SMM four times (up to 1,500 people);
- only after the fulfillment of these conditions – the preparation and holding of the elections in the territory of occupied Donbas.
In its turn, Kremlin stated that part of the Ukrainian on the settlement of Donbas Conflict announced by Head of the Ukrainian delegation to the Trilateral Contact Group Leonid Kravchuk contradicts Minsk Agreements.
Besides, Spokesperson of the Russian President Dmitriy Peskov stated that he does not know whether or not Ukraine’s plan on Donbas was passed to the Russian side and he had difficulty to answer whether or not Moscow considered the plan.