The OSCE is checking information concerning the death of four civilians in Donbas during the last week (May 14-20). Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine Alexander Hug said this at the briefing, as 112.ua reported.
“Last week, in the period between May 14-20, we confirmed information about two civilian casualties, including a 13-year-old boy in Troitske of Luhansk region as well as three injured. The information on other numerous victims is being checked. According to the preliminary data, four civilians have died and another six were injured. Our observers are checking the information to establish the facts,” he said.
He added that during the week in the area of the Joint Forces Operation, OSCE observers have recorded 7,700 cases of ceasefire regime violations in Donbas.
“Last week was the worst over the year by many indicators. In total, we recorded 7,700 violations of the ceasefire regime, and on some days the level of violence was similar to the stage of the conflict that we thought was long gone, “ Hug said.
As it was reported earlier, the OSCE SMM patrol convoy observed an explosion near Zolote, Luhansk region. The incident occurred on May 20.
At 11:04 on 20 May, two SMM patrols consisting of ten members and four armoured vehicles positioned themselves about 20m south of a checkpoint of the armed formations inside the disengagement area near Zolote. At 11:06, the patrol members heard an undetermined explosion 300-500m north (assessed as inside the disengagement area).
Both patrols immediately left the area and returned safely to their bases in "Severodonetsk (government-controlled, 74km north-west of Luhansk) and Kadiivka (formerly Stakhanov, non-government-controlled, 50km west of Luhansk), respectively. "