“On February 24, Russia occupation troops opened fire 16 times. They used 122mm artillery and 120mm and 82mm mortars, having launched 285 shells. The enemy was firing at our positions from IFVs, anti-aircraft equipment, grenade launchers of various systems, heavy machine guns, and small arms,” the message says.
The militants performed nine attacks within the “East” action line:
- four times with 120mm and 82mm mortars, grenade launchers of various systems, and heavy machine guns near Vodyane;
- twice with 120mm mortars and small arms near Lebedynske;
- with heavy machine guns near Krasnohorivka;
- with rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machine guns near Pavlopil;
- with grenade launchers of various systems, heavy machine guns, and small arms near Pisky;
Within the action line “Sever”, the enemy performed seven attacks:
- twice with 122mm artillery, 120mm and 82mm mortars, IFV, ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft mount, heavy machine guns and small arms near Novozvanivka;
- with 120mm mortars near Zolote-4;
- with 82 mortars, IFV and ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft mount near Katerynivka;
- with 120mm mortars near Zolote-1;
- with automatic rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machine guns near Lobacheve.
“Besides, yesterday at around 5 am, the occupants attacked the residential areas of Zolote and Novooleksandrivka. They used 122m artillery, 120mm mortars having launched 34 shells. As a result, four residential houses were destroyed,” the message says.
One Ukrainian soldier died in the battle, four got wounded.
According to the intelligence, on February 24, three occupants were eliminated and four more were injured.
“Today (February 24, - ed.) the enemy shot at our positions near Lebedysnke from 120mm mortars. The Joint Forces control the enemy on the line of contact adhering to the ceasefire,” the message reads.