On Friday, February, 8, one Ukrainian serviceman died, two more were wounded in Donbas conflict zone. The Joint Forces Operation (JFO) HQ reported this on Facebook.
The Russian militants violated the ceasefire regime nine times; they also used Minsk-banned weaponry twice over 24 hours.
In the East group area, the enemy attacked our positions:
- twice using the automatic grenade launchers and small arms near Avdiivka town; one sniper had been spotted as well;
- using automatic grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms near Vodyane village;
- using grenade launchers and heavy machine guns near Pavlopol village.
In the North group area, the enemy attacked our positions with:
- heavy machine guns and small arms twice near Krymske village;
- the automatic grenade launchers near Zaitseve settlement;
- the 120 mm mortar and small arms near Khutir Vilny settlement.
The defensive subdivisions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine opened fire as well to suppress the enemy activity. According to surveillance, six Russian militants were killed and seven more were wounded on February, 8.
Since the midnight on February, 9, no attacks have been spotted.