Feedback
Donbas conflict: Two attacks, militants use mortars
23:56, 19 January 2018

Donbas conflict: Two attacks, militants use mortars

Both attacks were recorded in Luhansk area

23:56, 19 January 2018

Open source

Militants violated the ceasefire in Donbas conflict area twice during January 19 (as of 18:00). This was reported by Ukraine’s Army HQ press center in Facebook.

"There is again no full abidance to the cease-fire at the contact line. Russian-occupation groups were unable to fully ensure the regime of silence. Today, 2 attacks on the Ukraine’s Armed Forces positions were recorded," the report said.

It is noted that both attacks were recorded in Luhansk sector. In Luhanske village area, militants shelled Ukraine’s Armed Forces positions from 82 mm mortars and near Stanytsia Luhanska village, the enemy opened fire from small arms.

Related: Opposition blocks signing of draft law on Donbas reintegration

According to the headquarters, there were no cases of silence regime violations in other sectors of the front.

As it was reported earlier the OSCE SMM spotted the increase of the attacks in the zone of the armed Donbas Conflict and the escalation of the situation. Alexander Hug, the Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE SMM to Ukraine said this.

According to Hug, the ceasefire regime was violated 6 500 times in the zone of Donbas Conflict during the last week. Moreover, the observers recorded 370 cases of the use of the forbidden weaponry since January 8 until January 14 while there were only six cases during the first week of the year.

Related: Russia condemns Ukraine's law about Donbas reintegration

Topics:
Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

Comments
see more