Feedback

Disengagement of forces improves positions of Ukrainian Army, - Deputy Commander of Joint Forces Operation

Source : 112 Ukraine

Ukrainian troops stay in Stanytsia Luhanska, no withdrawal, says Major General Bohdan Bondar
15:48, 27 June 2019

Ukrainian Army
Defense Ministry of Ukraine

The disengagement of troops in Stanytsia Luhanska is an improvement of the Armed Forces in this section of the combat area. Bohdan Bondar, the Deputy Commander of the Joint Forces Operation said this as quoted by Radio Donbas.Realii

Bondar insisted that the Ukrainian military is not withdrawing from Stanytsia Luhanska, which does not worsen the conditions of combat units.

'On the contrary, this movement to the previously prepared positions lets us control this section more effectively. This is a semi-sector with the radius of one kilometer. The detachments often stay on the contact line at the distance of 400 meters or one kilometer - that depends on the situation. The detachment that we moved yesterday (June 26, - 112 International) was located on the position of 300 meters away from the enemy. It was under constant fire, a serviceman was killed there. This post lacked defense', he said.

Related: Volker expects Russia to withdraw troops from Stanytsia Luhanska

Bondar added that the militants are withdrawing behind the line that should be under Ukraine's control, which is foreseen by Minsk agreements.

'The enemy was on our side. We pull back for 250-300 meters, while they pull back for 1500-1600 meters. We're throwing them out of the footbridge, which they took before there', the officer said.

Bondar also said that there will be no more armed people at the checkpoint in Stanytsia Luhanska, where civilians pass.

Related: First stage of withdrawal of Ukrainian detachments took place in Stanytsya Luhanska, Donbas

Topics:
Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

Comments
see more