Since the beginning of the day, March 17, Russian militants have breached the ceasefire in Donbas five times. Press office of Ukraine's Defense Ministry reported that on Wednesday evening.
Not far from the village of Novotoshkivske, the enemy opened fire from under-barrel grenade launchers, near Svitlodarsk and Pisky - from heavy anti-tank grenade launchers.
In the vicinities of Hnutove, militants fired at the positions of the Ukrainian military from automatic heavy grenade launchers and large-caliber machine guns, and in the suburbs of Luhanske - from hand-held anti-tank grenade launchers.
Ukrainian forces took no casualties during the day.
Meanwhile, Russia claims that there is no new peace plan on how to solve the situation in Donbas, though President's Office previously stated there is one. Dmitriy Kozak, the deputy head of Russian presidential administration said so in an interview with Interfax news agency.
"As for the new "peace plan". There are none on the table. It's another myth. Anyway, none of the members of Minsk and Normandy formats have any idea about it," he said.