For the last 24 hours, Russia-backed militants attacked Ukrainian positions in Donbas 70 times. ATO Press Officer Anton Myronovych said this in the commentary to 112 TV Channel.
“As negotiators of the Minsk Trilateral Contact Group discussed ways to de-escalate tension in eastern Ukraine on January 13, enemy guns kept firing. As of 6 p.m. yesterday, we reported 37 breaches of ceasefire, but by midnight the number grew to 70”, Myronovych said.
The breaches were reported all along the division line in Donbas. The militants used small arms and grenade launchers near Donetsk and Horlivka. Opytne, Pisky, Avdiivka, Novhorodske, Zaitsevo and Mayorsk were attacked, too.
The militants used 82 mm mortars near Opytne and Zaitsevo, Myronovych added.
Previously, Minsk Trilateral Contact Group agreed on the ceasefire that should have been introduced since midnight January 14. However, militants ignore the terms and keep shooting.