Since Thursday morning, the illegal armed formations shelled Ukrainian positions in Donbas 33 times. That resulted in deaths of two Ukrainian soldiers; another six sustained combat injuries.
According to the press centre of the Joint Forces Operation, the latest fights in the combbat area resulted in casualties for both sides. The pro-Kremlin militants lost 12 soldiers, while another 10 were wounded.
The enemy used mortars near Troitske, Novotoshkivske and Orikhove (Luhansk region). Mines also hit Pivdenne, Opytne, Novotroitske, Bodhanivka, Avdiivka, Lebedynske and Vodyane (Donetsk region).
Earlier, Stepan Poltorak, Ukraine's defense minister said that the Kremlin may launch another offensive in Donbas, even though there's FIFA World Cup going on in Russia. 'Russia may start an armed aggression against Ukraine regardless of holding the football World Cup games. The steps they previously made proved that Russia never refused from the aggressive politics against Ukraine, it still considers such behavior. Of course, it aims for causing Ukraine as much damage as possible. This is why we assess the situation carefully and get prepared for a wide range of scenarios', Poltorak said.
According to the minister, international partners, including the U.S., confirm their intentions to assist Ukraine in strengthening the defense capabilities.