Feedback

24 hours in Donbas: One Ukrainian serviceman killed, seven wounded

Source : 112 Ukraine

Russian mercenaries landed 11 attacks on Ukrainian positions
09:30, 2 March 2020

82 mm mortar mine in the ground, Donbas
Open source

On March 1, pro-Kremlin armed mercenaries violated ceasefire in Donbas 11 times. The enemy used 82 and 120 mm mortars, as well as anti-tank missile systems, grenade launchers of various systems, heavy machine guns and small arms.

Seven attacks took place in Donetsk region, the rest in Luhansk region.

One fighter of the Ukrainian military deceased in action, while seven more sustained combat injuries. 

Previously, Mariinka entry-exit checkpoint resumed work after the attack by Russian militants.

As wereported earlier, on March 1, all the entry-exit checkpoints in Donbas switch to the spring working mode. The Joint Forces Operation HQ reported that on February 24, referring to the decision of the JFO commanding officer. The entry-exit procedures and respective control measures will be conducted daily since 7 a.m. till 6.30 p.m.

Related: Donbas militants fired at Ukrainian car with missile system, victims reported

Earlier, Defense Minister Andriy Zahorodniuk claimed that the ongoing disengagement in Donbas does not significantly affect the security situation; that is more like a way to solve humanitarian problems for the locals.

"The disengagement does not entirely change the security situation because if there's political will on the other side to escalate the conflict, two kilometers will make little difference. It's not an issue for snipers or sabotage groups", Zahorodniuk said. 

Related: New checkpoint has to be opened in Luhansk region, - official

The division of forces along the entire disengagement line contradicts the Minsk agreement, the official said.

Topics:
Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

Comments
see more