Former Special Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office in Ukraine in the Tripartite Contact Group (TCG), Martin Sajdik stated that the least amount of the victims among civilians due to the Donbas Conflict was spotted in 2019, 19 deceased, as Interfax-Ukraine reported.
“Last year was the best if we talk about statistics of the victims among civilians. Much less deceased and wounded civilians were spotted. In 2016, we had 88 deceased and 354 wounded within the conflict. In 2019, only 19 deceased and 128 wounded. In 2016, six children were among deceased and the last year any child died,” Sajdik said.
It is reported that during the work within Minsk, the responsibility for security, defense of the civilian population was in focus. Sajdik said that special attention was paid to ‘anti-mine activities’.
“The mines are the number one reason, possibly, on which the children die in this conflict. That is why the mine clearance and anti-mine activities, an increase of the level of awareness about the danger of mines is very important work,” Sajdik said.
As we reported, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) recorded approximately 205 bombings in Donbas from Saturday to Sunday evening.