On June 27, Russian mercenaries attacked the Ukrainian positions in Donbas 18 times. One fighter of the government forces was wounded in action. This is mentioned in the Joint Forces Operation HQ's report.
The enemy used 152 and 122 mm artillery, 82 and 120 mm mortars, grenade launchers, IFV armament, as well as heavy machineguns and small arms.
Opytne, Starohnativka, Mariinka, Lebedynske, Novotroitske, Khutir Vilny, Zolote-4, Novhorodske, Novoluhanske, Luhanske, Orikhove and Svitlodarsk came under attacks.
On Thursday, OSCE observers confirmed that the disengagement of Ukrainian troops and Russian mercenaries near Stanytsia Luhanska (Luhansk region) was complete. This is part of the OSCE report released on June 27.
Bohdan Bondar, the Deputy Commander of the Joint Forces Operation claimed that the disengagement of troops in Stanytsia Luhanska is an improvement of the Armed Forces in this section of the combat area. Bondar insisted that the Ukrainian military is not withdrawing from Stanytsia Luhanska, which does not worsen the conditions of combat units. 'On the contrary, this movement to the previously prepared positions lets us control this section more effectively. This is a semi-sector with the radius of one kilometer. The detachments often stay on the contact line at the distance of 400 meters or one kilometer - that depends on the situation. The detachment that we moved yesterday (June 26, - 112 International) was located on the position of 300 meters away from the enemy. It was under constant fire, a serviceman was killed there. This post lacked defense', he said.
Bondar added that the militants are withdrawing behind the line that should be under Ukraine's control, which is foreseen by Minsk agreements.
'The enemy was on our side. We pull back for 250-300 meters, while they pull back for 1500-1600 meters. We're throwing them out of the footbridge, which they took before there', the officer said.