ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv closes its Kyiv office
As it came to light, the heads of ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv decided to close its office in Kyiv August 3, states the press office of the company. The decision does not touch the other ExxonMobil offices in Ukraine.
Ukraine in 2012 held a competition for the conclusion of a production sharing agreement (PSA) on the Scythian area on the Black Sea shelf. The winner was a consortium led by ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine BV (40%), Shell (35%), Austria's OMV in the face of the Romanian "daughter" Petrom (15%) and NAK "Nadra Ukrainy" (10%).
After the annexation of Crimea by Russia, US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey R. Pyatt in June next year, said that the American ExxonMobil does not plan to develop the Crimean Black Sea shelf.
Earlier, the total investments in the Scythian area was estimated at $ 10-12 bln, the projected annual production of natural gas was up to 3-4 bln cubic meters, revenues amounted to $80-90 bln.
As previously reported, ExxonMobil froze almost all projects in Russia due to the US sanctions. ExxonMobil has had continuous downstream business involvement for 20 years in Ukraine.
- POLITICS20:27Germany sends Alexei Navalny interrogation transcripts to Moscow
- POLITICS19:40Covid-19 vaccination begins in 46 countries, - WHO
- UKRAINE TOP 18:52Coronavirus mapping dashboard: world online
- POLITICS18:05In Ukraine, vaccination against coronavirus may begin in mid-February, - MP
- POLITICS17:18United States reduces number of troops in Afghanistan and Iraq
- POLITICS16:31Trump intends to leave White House shortly before Joe Biden's inauguration
- UKRAINE TOP 15:44Coronavirus in Ukraine dashboard: online
- SOCIETY14:59Covid-19 in Kyiv: 821 cases observed over 24hrs
- UKRAINE TOP 14:10Service sector switched to Ukrainian language from January 16
- SOCIETY13:31Facebook, Instagram unblock Trump's accounts
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny
14 January 2021, 17:52 Kharkiv townspeople went out for a snowball fight in the park