ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv closes its Kyiv office
This decision came month after Chevron decided to stop its work in Ukraine
As it came to light, the heads of ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv decided to close its office in Kyiv August 3, states the press office of the company. The decision does not touch the other ExxonMobil offices in Ukraine.
Ukraine in 2012 held a competition for the conclusion of a production sharing agreement (PSA) on the Scythian area on the Black Sea shelf. The winner was a consortium led by ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine BV (40%), Shell (35%), Austria's OMV in the face of the Romanian "daughter" Petrom (15%) and NAK "Nadra Ukrainy" (10%).
After the annexation of Crimea by Russia, US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey R. Pyatt in June next year, said that the American ExxonMobil does not plan to develop the Crimean Black Sea shelf.
Earlier, the total investments in the Scythian area was estimated at $ 10-12 bln, the projected annual production of natural gas was up to 3-4 bln cubic meters, revenues amounted to $80-90 bln.
As previously reported, ExxonMobil froze almost all projects in Russia due to the US sanctions. ExxonMobil has had continuous downstream business involvement for 20 years in Ukraine.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5824 hours in Donbas: Six attacks on Ukrainian positions
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:38Russian tanks cross non-controlled Ukrainian border, enter Luhansk
- POLITICS22:30Clashes at Maidan Nezalezhnosti in Kyiv
- SOCIETY21:47Murderers of Euromaidan protesters Nigoyan, Zhyznevsky and Senyk still not found
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:02Internal conflict in Luhansk People’s Republic
- SPORT19:37UEFA Champions League: Napoli faces Shakhtar
- FINANCE18:59Ukraine takes 43rd place at Paying Taxes 2018
- POLITICS18:33Ex-director of Olimpiysky stadium to face charges with embezzlement
- UKRAINE TOP 18:17Italian film on involvement of Georgians in Euromaidan is fake, - Prosecutor General’s Office
- RUSSIA17:50Concentration of ruthenium in air in September-October was non-hazardous, - Russia
UKRAINE TOP 12:34, 31 October Shattering plan: Blockade of Poroshenko's confectionery business
POLITICS 08:00, 31 October Court puts Manafort, his business partner Gates under house arrest
18:45, 17 November Russian internet trolls interfered with pre-Brexit election campaign