President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky during his inauguration on May 20, said that he disbands the current convocation of the Verkhovna Rada.
The decree on disbanding was published on May 23. The election campaign, according to the law, started the next day, that is, on May 24.
The current election campaign will be ultrashort and last only 58 days. Now let's talk about its key dates:
- Early parliamentary elections will be held on July 21.
- From May 24, the nomination of candidates from the parties began (both in the lists and in majoritarian districts).
- Parties must hold their congresses, which will determine the candidates, until June 10.
- All candidates submit documents to the Central Election Commission until June 20.
- The last day of registration of candidates is June 25.
- Candidates may withdraw from the election until June 30.
- Till July 5 local election commissions should be created.
- The last day to change the place of voting is July 15.
- The last day of the publication of polls - July 18.
- Day of silence - July 20.
Elections will be held on July 21. Polling stations will be open from 8:00 to 20:00. The CEC reveal the voting results until August 5. They must be published before August 10.
The meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of the new convocation would be held before September 9.