After the beginning of the Joint Forces Operation in Donetsk and Luhansk regions on April 30, the territories of these regions will be divided into several zones. This was stated in the order of Command of the Joint Operation Headquarters, which will enter into force on April 30, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
Thus, the security zone adjacent to the combat area is:
- Vynohradne, Kurakhove, Ocheretyane, Rozyvka, Vovcheyarivka, Bila Hora, Novoaidar, Sadky, Makarivka, Prostyane, along the administrative border of Luhansk and Kharkiv regions;
- Olhivka, along the administrative border of Donetsk and Kharkiv regions, Znamenivka, along the administrative border of Donetsk and Dnipro regions,
- Komyshuvakha, along the administrative border of Donetsk and Zaporizhia regions, Urzuf;
- along the sea coast, Prymorske.
In the security zone, by the decision of Joint Force Commander, areas with restricted and denied access can be established.
"Joint Force Commander decides on admission to the restricted area for persons not involved in ensuring national security in Donetsk and Luhansk regions. Commanders of operational-tactical groups and commanders ensuring and maintaining the order of in areas of the Joint Forces Operation can also make such decisions, "the document says.
Admission to the area of denied access will be possible for people who obtain special passes on the Joint Force Commander decision. The access of unauthorized persons to such area is prohibited.
The area of combat operations is an area with ongoing military operations along the contact line where the Armed Forces units, other military formations and law enforcement bodies carry out combat missions to prevent the enemy from penetrating deeper into the territory of the state.
The document also establishes the regimes of stay in the security zone in Donbas for persons not involved in ensuring national security:
- "green" (the stay and movement is unlimited, except the areas of restricted and denied access);
- "yellow" (the stay and movement is possible with documents, personal inspection of a person and things, vehicles; this regime is established on the borders of isolation and restricted access areas);
-"red" (the stay is temporarily restricted or prohibited; citizens and officials with documents can access; vehicles and citizens are not allowed to some areas and some objects).
"These regimes can be temporarily introduced in certain areas, or in the entire security zone by the decision of the Joint Force Commander," the order says.
The grounds for admission to the area of operation for persons not involved in ensuring national security:
- residence in the area of the operation of a person or his close family (if there are relevant documents);
- the area of operation is the burial place of close relatives or family members;
- death of close relatives or family members in the area of the operation;
- ownership of the real estate objects located in the area;
- acting in the national interests of Ukraine for the peaceful settlement of the conflict, or with humanitarian missions;
- diplomatic or consular functions, including activities of international organizations of which Ukraine is a member (upon an agreement with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine), and some others.
As we reported, the law On the specifics of the state policy on ensuring state sovereignty of Ukraine on the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, known as Donbas reintegration law came into force on February 24.
The law declares the political and diplomatic ways as the main ways of resolving the conflict and restoring the sovereignty of Ukraine.
The law defines Donetsk and Luhansk regions temporarily occupied territories as the territories over which Russia’s armed groups and Russian occupation administration have established control (including land, water, subsoil and air). The boundaries of such territories should be determined by the president on the proposal of the Defense Ministry based on the recommendations of the General Staff of the Armed Forces. The total absence of Russian servicemen in the occupied territories should be confirmed by the Defense and Internal Ministry - they must together submit a communication to Ukraine’s president, who shall take the decision. The president will decide on the beginning and completion of measures to ensure national security and counteract Russian aggression. Also, the Russian Federation is officially recognized as an aggressor country.
Ukraine’s Armed Forces joint operation headquarters is going to replace the Anti-Terrorist Operation (which is the official name of the operation in the conflict zone now) and be the main body in the conflict area. It is going to command the military assets of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, other military groups, the Interior Ministry, the National police dedicated to combating the Russian aggression in Donetsk and Luhansk regions”. Law enforcement officers, servicemen and everybody else involved in fighting the aggressor, are going to be subordinate to the Joint Force Commander of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.