The protests against Donald Trump’s inauguration take place in Washington and New York. Reuters marks there is an unusually large number of rallies against the 45th president and his stepping into the Oval Office. The federal authorities issued about thirty licenses to hold these events in various cities across the U.S. Some of the demonstrations, on the other hand, involved Trump’s supporters.
In Washington, several hundreds of his opponents clashed with the police; one of the protesters was detained. 28,000 cops maintain public order in the U.S. capital city today. Hundreds of kilometers of fences and barricades are visible on the streets.
Manhattan hosted thousands of protesters, among them Mayor Bill de Blasio, Hollywood celebrities Alec Baldwin, Robert de Niro, Michael Moore, Sher and many others. Trump’s opponents criticized him for his racist statements and spoke in defense of migrants.
18:00, 20 January Ukraine's 'Roshen' confectionery factory shuts down in Russia
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany
18:33, 19 January Poroshenko hopes to meet Trump in February
18:02, 18 January Kyiv covered in smog
17:58, 18 January Trump takes office of U.S. President with worst domestic image ever
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:22, 29 March Trilateral Contact Group to meet in Minsk today, on Wednesday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:03, 29 March U.S. Army General in Europe calls for lethal weaponry for Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:48, 29 March 61 shelling over the past 24 hours, the situation remains tense near Avdiivka
- UKRAINE TOP 08:45, 29 March Consulate-General of Poland shelled in Lutsk, Western Ukraine
- POLITICS 23:33, 28 March Poroshenko intends to offer restoration of special military courts