Ukraine’s greatest football face-off is slated for today, May 17, in the northeastern city of Kharkiv. Dynamo Kyiv will go toe-to-toe with its sworn adversary, Shakhtar Donetsk, in the struggle for the Ukrainian Cup.
The Mountaineers arrived in Kharkiv yesterday and had an open training session at Metalist Arena.
If Shakhtar wins, it will the 11th trophy for the team, which would mean both teams won the Ukrainian Cup equal number of times.
It is expected that the arena stands will be full, so the local law enforcers work in the enhanced security mode.
17:31, 17 May Stradivari’s violin seized from driver in Donetsk region
17:19, 17 May 70th Cannes Film Festival kicks off
17:08, 17 May Russian websites and TV companies banned in Ukraine
16:54, 17 May EU, Ukraine sign visa free regime deal in Strasbourg
- UKRAINE TOP 22:47, 18 August US Defense Secretary to visit Ukraine on Independence Day
- SOCIETY 22:03, 18 August Attack in Finland: 6 wounded, 2 dead, no Ukrainian victims
- UKRAINE TOP 21:19, 18 August Germany to allocate $1 mln for UN humanitarian aid to Donbas IDPs
- RUSSIA 20:34, 18 August Putin arrives in occupied Crimea with “working visit”
- POLITICS 19:47, 18 August Normandy Four meeting of political advisers takes place