The spent fuel will be transported from Chornobyl Power Station to the new storage facility in a year.
hundred year-long spent fuel storage is being built with the use of modern technologies.
The previous 30-year storage was constructed right after the technogenic calamity in 1986.
The spent fuel will be stored with the help of nitrogen and helium. The technology is much more safe that the existing one, according to the project leaders. First blocks with the nuclear fuel will arrive there in November.
21:20, 22 December 59th 'humanitarian convoy' reaches Donbas
21:01, 22 December Savchenko excluded from PACE
18:39, 21 December Hot pursuit with gunfire in Kyiv
18:33, 21 December Ukrainian Parliament approves 2017 state budget at 5 a.m. Wednesday
18:31, 20 December Man detained upon attempt to ship traumatic gun to militant occupied area
18:23, 20 December Flue Epidemic in Ukraine: epidemic threshold exceeded in 11 regions
- SOCIETY 21:03, 21 February Ukraine investigates disappearance of 15 people in Crimea after its annexation
- POLITICS 20:16, 21 February Klimkin: UN must be more proactive in addressing armed conflict in Donbas
- SOCIETY 19:31, 21 February More than two dozen Tatar arrested in annexed Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:43, 21 February Head of State Emergency Service detachment of Avdiivka died in hospital
- POLITICS 17:57, 21 February UN Security Council debates on conflict in Europe chaired by Klimkin - online broadcast