Ukraine filed a lawsuit against Russia in the UN court for violating two international conventions – on combating the financing of terrorism and on the elimination of all forms of racial discrimination.
The Ukrainian government accuses Russia of the annexation of the Crimea and the occupation of Donbas.
Apart from this suit, another one is already being heard in Hague – about Russia’s violation of the maritime law, specifically, on illegal exploitation of Ukrainian deposit fields and confiscation of the platform in the Black Sea.
18:34, 13 January 'Train of Friendship' for children of Donbas
18:30, 13 January Second anniversary of Volnovakha tragedy
18:21, 13 January MH17 disaster-related items were confiscated legally, - Dutch court
13:30, 12 January Ukrainian arrested upon attempt to smuggle amber to Poland
- SOCIETY 21:03, 21 February Ukraine investigates disappearance of 15 people in Crimea after its annexation
- POLITICS 20:16, 21 February Klimkin: UN must be more proactive in addressing armed conflict in Donbas
- SOCIETY 19:31, 21 February More than two dozen Tatar arrested in annexed Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:43, 21 February Head of State Emergency Service detachment of Avdiivka died in hospital
- POLITICS 17:57, 21 February UN Security Council debates on conflict in Europe chaired by Klimkin - online broadcast