The police reports early results of the covert operations in Mariupol, Donetsk region, eastern Ukraine. The aim is to prevent provocations during May holidays, widely celebrated in Ukraine.
The law enforcement bodies found arms and drugs on the first day of the tightened security mode.
As it was reported earlier, terrorists attacked the building of local police during the May holidays three years ago. The attack led to the civilian casualties.
Now the law enforcers work in the robust security regime not only in Mariupol, but also in entire Donetsk region – rapid response teams are created, and the number of police officers on check points is increased as well.
19:22, 26 April Anniversary of Chernobyl nuclear disaster in Ukraine
19:11, 26 April EU Ambassadors approve EU-Ukraine visa-free regime
16:11, 19 April Russia not interested in peace in Ukraine, - Poroshenko
16:02, 19 April Snowstorms and low temperatures in Ukraine
- UA & EU 20:04, 25 June Ratifying of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement to be completed in July, - Poroshenko
- SOCIETY 21:42, 25 June Russia illegally calls up to military service more than 1,7 thousand Crimeans
- SPORT 18:06, 25 June Russian football team at World Cup 2014 suspected of using doping, - media
- POLITICS 18:57, 25 June Trump's administration considering withdrawal from nuclear arms pact with Russia
- SOCIETY 20:35, 25 June Turkey to exclude evolution theory from school education