Night protests in Ternopil. More than a hundred residents of a sleeping area gathered for a protest. People accuse city head in fraud in the energy market. City authorities gave the permission to burn peat in the boiler stations for heating.
The community is outraged – it will harm the environment, reducing gas consumption for less than 10% percent only. The boiler stations are built in the sleeping areas near nurseries and residential buildings. And they do not have the permissions from ecological organizations, according to the protesters.
People started to gather signatures to stop the project right on the streets. They promise to gather a rally today at the city council during its session.
If the city council does not listen to the residents, they are threatening to block the traffic on one of the main streets of the city.
17:44, 23 February Ukrainian broadcasting resumed in 29 towns and villages of Donbas
18:54, 22 February Crimean Tatars: arrests and investigations go in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:22, 29 March Trilateral Contact Group to meet in Minsk today, on Wednesday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:03, 29 March U.S. Army General in Europe calls for lethal weaponry for Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:48, 29 March 61 shelling over the past 24 hours, the situation remains tense near Avdiivka
- UKRAINE TOP 08:45, 29 March Consulate-General of Poland shelled in Lutsk, Western Ukraine
- POLITICS 23:33, 28 March Poroshenko intends to offer restoration of special military courts