Another court hearing is slated for today, in the case of Ivan Bezyazykov. The rogue colonel of Ukraine’s Armed Forces faces charges with state treason.
The court continues to examine the relevant materials and it is expected to extend the detention period, which actually expires today. Ivan Bezyazykov spent almost two years in captivity by pro-Russian militants in Donbas. He was released in July 2016; soon after that, the law enforcers announced that he was suspected of collaboration with the pro-Kremlin mercenaries.
He was presumably recruited by the Russian special services. Bezyazykov denies all charges.
16:49, 8 February Commander of Russia-backed militants killed in Donetsk
19:44, 7 February Russian national team banned from 2017 World Championships in Athletics
19:36, 7 February Grounded director of Ukrainian library in Moscow turns to ECHR
16:29, 6 February Harsh winter weather causes traffic jams in Kyiv
- SOCIETY 21:03, 21 February Ukraine investigates disappearance of 15 people in Crimea after its annexation
- POLITICS 20:16, 21 February Klimkin: UN must be more proactive in addressing armed conflict in Donbas
- SOCIETY 19:31, 21 February More than two dozen Tatar arrested in annexed Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:43, 21 February Head of State Emergency Service detachment of Avdiivka died in hospital
- POLITICS 17:57, 21 February UN Security Council debates on conflict in Europe chaired by Klimkin - online broadcast