At least two people died and 120 were injured due to the earthquake that took place in the Aegean Sea.
The Greek island of Kos took most of the damage; this is where both fatalities were reported. The 6.7-magnitude earthquake, which occurred not far from the Turkish coast, evoked a small tsunami.
An ancient fortress of Hospitallers and a mosque’s prayer tower took damage. The maritime traffic was suspended; the local airport, on the other hand, operates as usual.
13:25, 20 July One year after murder of Ukrainian reporter Pavlo Sheremet
16:59, 19 July Poroshenko visits demarkation line between Georgia, Russia
19:21, 17 July Third anniversary of MH17 tragedy
- POLITICS 16:47, 23 July US Special Representative for Ukraine, Kurt Volker visits Donbas
- POLITICS 17:32, 23 July Steinmeier accuses Erdogan of persecuting opposition
- SOCIETY 16:03, 23 July Pentagon doesn't exclude possibility of armed conflict with DPRK
- UKRAINE TOP 14:37, 23 July Prosecutors working on Yanukovych case to have bodyguards
- RUSSIA 13:58, 23 July Mother of detained Russian soldier Ageev received a phone call from FSB