Hundreds of inhabited localities all over Ukraine suffer the consequences of harsh weather with snowfalls, rains and unusually low temperatures in April.
Most of these towns and villages (245) are in Odesa region, Ukraine’s State Emergency Service reports. As of Friday morning, some 300 localities in six regions remain blacked out - in Odesa, Mykolaiv, Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kherson and Zaporizhya regions.
Ukraine is so far under heavy influence of the cyclone that came from Balkans and wreaked havoc in the country’s southern regions – Odesa, Kherson, Mykolaiv and Zaporizhya regions, as well as in southeastern Dnipropetrovsk region.
Heavy snowfalls partially blocked the road traffic for heavy vehicles at Kyiv-Odesa highway.
16:11, 19 April Russia not interested in peace in Ukraine, - Poroshenko
16:02, 19 April Snowstorms and low temperatures in Ukraine
15:56, 19 April Dutch Senate to hold debates on EU-Ukraine association agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:02, 25 April Donbas conflict: Militants shell ATO positions 21 times
- UKRAINE TOP 08:35, 25 April Blackout in Luhansk: Ukraine cuts off electricity in occupied territories
- UKRAINE TOP 09:18, 25 April Ukraine informs Canada about completion of FTA ratification
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:04, 24 April OSCE SMM Head Apakan goes to Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:45, 24 April Militants shell residential areas and control post of State Border Guard in Marinka