Yatsenyuk refused to participate in the Munich Security Conference
Ukraine will be represented by its President Petro Poroshenko
Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk refused to participate in the annual Munich Security Conference, which will start on February, 12 in Germany. It was reported by Apostrophe, referring to a source in the government.
Yatseniuk has received an invitation, but declined it.
“As well as the President of Ukraine, the Prime Minister was invited to participate in the conference, but decided not to visit," – source said.
Earlier, sources reported that the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko will participate in the Munich Security Conference, where he will hold a number of bilateral meetings.
We remind the 52th Munich Security Conference will be held from 12 to 14 February. It will be attended by heads of states and governments from over 30 countries and nearly 60 ministers and heads of international organizations, politicians, scientists. Earlier, media reported that the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko will attend the conference, and the Russian delegation will be headed by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
In a report to the Munich Security Conference 2016 it is noted that in 2016 the risks of military confrontations will increase, also the EU is now reluctant to provide a large-scale support to Ukraine out of FTA (Free trade area) agreement.
The Munich Security Conference is an annual meeting held in Munich (Germany) from 1962. Until 1993 it was called the Conference on Military Affairs and was held under the aegis of the Christian Social Union. Since 1998, it has been financed by the German Government.
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas