World Bank: Ukraine’s economy contracted by 10%, 1% increase expected in 2016
“Currently we see first signs of stability”, - representative of the World Bank
The World Bank estimated the drop of Ukraine’s GDP at 10% in 2015. Although, a 1% increase of economy is expected in 2016, informed the Director of the World Bank for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova Qimiao Fan during presentation of the new economic overview and macroeconomic forecast for Ukraine.
“Currently we observe first signs of stabilization, which started at the end of last year. We forecast that Ukraine’s GDP will increase by 1% in 2016 and by 2% in 2017”, - Fan said.
He also noted that in 2015 Ukraine’s economy contracted by 10% due to unprecedented shocks, impact of military conflict in eastern Ukraine, fall in raw materials in global markets, fiscal deficit and inflation.
Fitch Ratings forecasts economic growth in Ukraine at the level of 1%, inflation at 17%, hryvna exchange rate – 25 hryvnas / 1 US dollar, it is said in the Agency’s report.
Moody’s rating agency forecasts a 2% economic growth for Ukraine in 2016 in case reforms continue.
Earlier, the National Bank of Ukraine announced that it expects a 3% raise of the real GDP.
International Monetary Fund forecasts a 2% GDP increase in 2016 and inflation at the level of 12% in Ukraine. According to the World Bank, Ukraine’s GDP will go up by 1% in 2016.
Ministry of Finance of Ukraine forecasts that GDP will go up by 3%, inflation will be at the level of 8,1% in 2017.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars