Voting is finished: total amount of violations is presented
In Mariupol and Krasnoarmiysk (Donetsk region), voting wasn’t started
Voting on the first round of 2015 regular elections of local bodies in Ukraine has finished. Civil network “Opora”, which organized nation-wide observation over the election process, reports about 1061 case of violations, registered for the moment. This number includes also incidents which took place in the stages of registration of candidates and political agitation.
In particular, there are registered 535 facts of illegal agitation, 288 cases of voting bribery, 114 violations by electoral commissions, 24 cases of fraud during the election and other violations.
In Mariupol and Krasnoarmiysk, government-controlled areas of Donetsk region, election process was failed, voting did not take place. Representatives of local election commissions claim that the problem was caused by typographies, which had to print bulletins. Also, in the evening, the seal of Krasnoarmiysk electoral commission disappeared.
President Poroshenko stressed that elections in Mariupol and Krasnoarmiysk must be held on November 15, when the second round of mayor elections are planned in the country’s bid cities. The head of the state called deputies of the Verkhovna Rada to immediately adopt legislative procedure of voting in these two cities.
At Kyiv polling station, where Poroshenko himself votes, electoral commission had to open the safe deposit with bulletins with the help of angle grinder, due to loss of the keys.
Today, Ukrainians elected their mayors and representatives in local and regional councils. For cities with more than 100 thousand residents, the current law provides possibility of the second round, in case no one of the candidates received absolute majority today.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars