Visegrad Four Foreign Ministers to visit Kyiv
One of key issues at the meeting in Prague was settlement of Donbas conflict
The issue of Ukraine was one of key items at the meeting of “Visegrad Four” Foreign Ministers and “Eastern Partnership”, which took place today, on May 4, in Prague, informed correspondent of “Radio Liberty” Rostyslav Khotin to “112 Ukraine”.
One of key issues of today’s meeting was settlement of Donbas conflict. According to Foreign Minister of Poland Vitold Vascikovski, Ministers of the Visegrad group agree, that implementation of Minsk agreements by both sides of the conflict, first of all by Russia, is the only way to settle the conflict.
“Another aspect regarding Ukraine is visa liberalization with the EU, which should be implemented this year. There are two aspects to consider. First: The Ministers believe, that Turkey strives to obtain visa liberalization even earlier – in June. It has been mentioned during a press conference, that it wouldn’t be fair to Ukraine and Georgia, if Turkey received visa-free regime earlier than Kyiv and Tbilisi”, - the correspondent noted.
The data of the start of visa liberalization for Ukraine was also discussed. There are several options – mid-summer or autumn of 2016. However, Foreign Ministry of Hungary believes, that Ukraine is ready for cancellation of visa obligations even now and this must happen immediately, as soon as possible.
Moreover, Foreign Ministers of Visegrad Four intend to pay a visit to Kyiv soon.
“Lubomir Zaoralek stated, that the visit is aimed at appraising the process of implementation of reforms in Ukraine and at meeting the new government of Ukraine”, - Khotin informed.
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
35000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported 28 October, 17:18
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case