USA: Russian-backed militants hinder OSCE mission in Donbas to conceal the increase of military capacity
‘Russia denies being a part of Donbas conflict, despite irrefutable evidence of the contrary’, - Baer
Hindering the work of OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in war-torn eastern Ukraine, Russian-backed militants are aiming to conceal from international community the increase of military capacity, the USA Ambassador to the OSCE Daniel Baer stated, ‘Interfax-Ukraine’ reports.
‘Over the past week, Russian-backed militants in Donbas downed two OSCE drones over Horlivka. They also damaged OSCE surveillance cameras in the vicinities of Donetsk. These cameras are very important for monitoring locations near Avdiivka and Yasynovata. Moreover, militants deny the observers access to the surveillance equipment so that they could fix it. According to OSCE report, Russian-backed forces ban movement of the mission, especially in the hottest spots of military activity, like Avdiivka and along Ukraine-Russian border. Such actions are aimed at concealing from international community the increase of military capacity by Russian-backed militants in eastern Ukraine’, - Baer stated.
He noted, that this is ‘a part of deceitful strategy of the Russian Federation aimed at concealing constant military aggression against Ukraine’.
‘We observe this strategy at every OSCE session, when Russia denies being a part of Donbas conflict, despite irrefutable evidence of the contrary. Russia is trying to distract us, blaming Ukraine for neglecting Minsk peace agreements’, - Ambassador Baer stated.
Russia is trying to divert world’s attention from ATO issue, - Poltorak 2 December, 18:34
Militants forbid repairing the water supply in Toretsk 28 November, 11:13
Police Mission in the Donbas to be serious challenge for OSCE, - Ayvazovska 30 November, 16:57
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:23Donbas: Shelling in Mariupol direction
- SOCIETY22:44Fidel Castro’s ashes were buried in Cuba
- UKRAINE TOP 22:03Germany does not recognize Crimea as Russia, - Steinmeier
- UKRAINE TOP 21:25House of People’s Deputy was attacked with rocket launcher in Kharkiv region
- UKRAINE TOP 20:32Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs is in Canada while Kniazhychi shootout is being investigated
- SOCIETY20:01Mayor and two journalists killed in gunfire in Finland
- SOCIETY19:23Gunfires in Finland: Three people killed near Russian border
- UKRAINE TOP 18:49Lutsenko personally controls investigation of five officers’ death
- SOCIETY18:13Kniazhychi residents talk about robberies by men in police uniform, - media
- SOCIETY17:27Main Christmas tree of the country arrived in Kyiv
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine