USA: Power cuts in Ukraine caused by hacker attacks
Conclusions of US government are based on interviews of representatives of 6 Ukrainian victim companies
The US government officially established that power cuts in Ukraine in December 2015 were caused by cyber culprits, informed “Holos Ameryky” (“Amercica’s Voice”).
Power cuts that affected 225 thousand Ukrainians were caused by hacker attacks, it is said in the report of US Department of Homeland Security based on interviews with representatives of 6 Ukrainian organizations affected by power cuts. However, American experts were unable to verify technical proof independently.
US Department of Homeland Security doesn’t report who stands behind these cyber attacks. However, American cyber company iSight Partners and others companies link the incident to a Russian hacker group known as Sandworm.
Some security experts in the USA have strongly criticized conclusions made by the Department.
“Had they revealed this information two months ago, it would’ve been useful, - said Robert Lee, Managing Director for cyber security at Dragos Security, - now, however, they are telling things we already know”.
EU foreign ministers to urge Assad and his allies to come to trial 17 October, 08:30
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Nuland, Surkov to discuss course of Donbas conflict 4 October, 18:32
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas