U.S. will continue supporting Ukraine whatever the presidential elections outcome: Ambassador Pyatt
Maintaining peace and stability in Ukraine is the US’ and Europe’s mutual goal
American policy towards Ukraine will stay intact after U.S. presidential elections in November, U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt stated at Ukraine-EU Conference in Kyiv, reports Golos Ameryky (America’s Voice). The diplomat pointed to U.S. and Europe’s solidarity when it comes to supporting democracy in Ukraine.
‘The policy of the United States for 25 years, which will not change, regardless of what happens in our elections, is to support the vision of a Europe whole, free and at peace. And that goal cannot be achieved until and unless Ukraine is whole, free and at peace’, - the diplomat stated.
The Ambassador stressed the importance of U.S.-EU cooperation in helping Ukraine and Europe reach peace and stability: ‘That is a vision that brought hundreds of thousands of people together on the Maidan, through those bitter cold evenings and the violence that was inflicted, in pursuit of a European vision, in pursuit of structures of governance that meet European standards, free of kleptocracy, corruption, founded in European institutions and European values’, - Pyatt continued.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case